Savory Whole Wheat Broccoli Tart
From the magazine Lecturas they propose an irresistible recipe: a whole broccoli cake. Its preparation is completely homemade, including the base dough and it is not too laborious: it is enough that we have an hour to prepare it. It is perfect for any time of the day but, above all, for celebrations or meetings with friends and family because in addition to being delicious it is an original and beautiful idea with which to surprise our guests.
Here is a summary of how to do it:
- 170 g whole wheat flour
- 75 g margarine
- 1 small egg
- For the filling
- 2 eggs
- 140 ml evaporated milk
- 100 g grated light mozzarella cheese
- 1 leek of 200 grams
- 300 g broccoli
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How do we do it
- Prepare the dough Leave the margarine at room temperature for a while to soften. Put it in a bowl, sift 150 g of flour on top, add a pinch of salt and the egg, and mix until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Roll into a ball Knead and roll into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix with the eggs Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat them. Add the milk, 60 g of mozzarella, the peeled and minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Brown the leek Clean and wash the leek. Dry it well with kitchen paper, cut it into slices and fry it in a frying pan with the oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until it is soft. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Boil the broccoli Separate the broccoli into sprigs, clean and wash. Cook them in salted water for 4 minutes and transfer them to a colander to release the water well.
- Line with the dough Remove the dough from the fridge, unwrap it and put it on the floured work table. Roll it out with a rolling pin, also floured, and line a tart pan greased with oil with the dough.
Don’t miss any more delicious recipes at Lecturas.com.